Provides a variety of human resources administrative support activities.
The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training and development, recruiting, payroll, benefits management, safety, and employee engagement functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
- Acts as an employee relations coach to management/employees, investigates and maintains disciplinary files.
- Provides advice and counsel to associates and management in exploring alternatives for resolution of work-related problems.
- Meets with associates at all levels to facilitate effective interpersonal communication and to ascertain work-related problems that adversely affect morale and productivity.
- Develop and execute HR communication plan and maintain HR calendar.
- Conducts investigations related to claims of harassment or discrimination and makes recommendations for resolution. Investigates and assists in the mediation of associate complaints and appeals using corporate or collective bargaining processes.
- Communicates and administers performance management planning process.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations in HRIS system.
- Updates records for eligible salary adjustments/increases.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (posting jobs, reviews applications, interviews and onboarding).
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition to ensure a smooth transition into the organization.
- Assists with new hire orientation as required; instructs new hires, transfers, and re-hires on the completion of the required paperwork.
- Maintains employee personnel files and HRIS database in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain employee files.
- Update and maintain Employee Handbook, as well as communicate updates to employees.
- Assist with input of HR information into HRIS system to become fully functional while maintaining and reporting on HR Metrics.
- Provides support for all projects assigned.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Administers injury reporting forms and handles OSHA recording keeping and reporting.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Communicates HR related information on the intranet and throughout the organization.
- Supports employee engagement and recognition programs.
- Deploys and analyses employee engagement surveys including development of related communications.